Jack B. Yeats, "Queen Maeve Walked Upon This Strand"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

"If God Will Send His Angels" Scene

Finally...I finished my scene for my "Across The U2niverse" concept.

Here's the background of the scene:

The protagonist, David (that guy who looks strangely like me) just got done having a conversation with his best friend, Jess. They both kind of have a romantic interest in each other but neither has said anything to the other about it. Both are seniors in high school and Jess gets upset when David puts off making any sort of decision for what he is going to do the next year (Jess mostly wants him to come to the same school as her). He has applied to colleges but half of him does not even want to do. Jess accuses him of living only in his own technological retreat-world. This scene depicts David trying to make sense of things as he deals with what to make of the technological world that he is ever becoming more fascinated with--it's 1997, he has just gotten a laptop (a supreme rarity at that time for a high school student), and he is discovering the wonders of the Internet, AIM, and other related phenomena.

I have a feeling the idea makes a lot more sense in my own head...I hope this video at least communicates something that relates to what I just described.

No comments:

Post a Comment