Jack B. Yeats, "Queen Maeve Walked Upon This Strand"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Day of St. Patrick

I agree quite a bit with Natalie, I felt like yesterday I was more a part of a community and everything felt more lively. Naturally this had something to do with the weather and the fact that it feels like there are 20,000 more people at this University when the weather is good because everybody's out on the grass...but it was really cool to see people dancing on the Diag, as well as two people dressed in superhero costumes dancing randomly between the Diag and North U.

I went out a little later riding my bike around by South University, and pretty much saw what I expected--people waiting in lines to get in bars and generally acting somewhat ridiculous. I did have one humorous encounter when I tried to squeeze by walking my bike past the line to Good Time Charley's--I lifted my bike a little bit to get through, and as I did so a man standing in line was looking at me and kept going, "Hey hey man" with an excited look on his face like I was pulling off some amazing feat.

Two other humorous things I saw: a girl with a fake moustache/glasses/nose combination (what this has to do with St. Patrick's day or Ireland or anything, I don't know, but it was cool) and a guy in the dining hall with a full-body neon green nylon suit thing.

Oh yeah, and the soda bread in Mojo was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment