Jack B. Yeats, "Queen Maeve Walked Upon This Strand"

Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Well naturally yesterday was a good day for me because the weather was so beautiful and people seemed a little merrier than usual, I'm assuming from all the holiday festivities. I still don't find it particularly enticing to become involved in any specific St. Patrick's Day celebrations, I guess that's just not my cup of tea. However it was fun/amusing to see everyone dress in ridiculous green apparel and to listen to intoxicated students march indignantly down the sidewalk from my window. The Holiday still doesn't hold much significance for me, and it probably holds a little less for me now than before we read the article and discussed it in class. The reason behind this is probably that there are many other American holidays that I don't really pay attention to because they don't hold much meaning for me, and I wouldn't expect St. Patricks Day to be any different. I'm not opposed to anyone who wishes to celebrate it, however. To each his own. So in essence, yesterday was very much a regular day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment